Monday

Who Am I?

A good weekend starts with a cheesy chick flick and 5 cups of coffee on Saturday morning.  I have eaten squid in its own ink but I don't care for raspberries much.  At one point not long ago my household included 2 dogs, 5 cats, 2 rats and a snake.  I can live without chocolate but not without pasta.  I panic when I don't have a book in my bag.  I've recently discovered false eyelashes, eyebrow waxing and microbrewery beer. It’s a bummer to have a family of skunks under your house.  I like walking my pit bull  alone through the woods at 2:00 a.m.  I can identify and pinpoint birds by the sound of their song. Bonfires and fireworks make me happy. After the drought last year I fear being without water; so to conserve that precious resource I drink more wine. If I need a pick me up I simply think of the person who once told me she woke up crying from a terrible nightmare that Danny Kaye was beating her up.  My adult kid is afraid of butterflies and just found out that “kitty glitter” is actually not that at all.  My other kid thinks that “doily” is a fun word to say.  Going barefoot gives me the creeps.  Facebook confuses me – weren’t we taught not to write on the walls?   To love me you must fall more deeply for me with every peal of my laughter.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, it's been a long time since I dreamt of Danny Kaye! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you're nightmares have gone away! What, so now you're having sweet dreams of Bing Crosby?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danny Kaye was terrific. He sang and danced and acted and reached lots and lots of people including me. What a friendly guy! Who knew he led a double life in his sleep!

    ReplyDelete